Mission: Promoting scientific discovery and knowledge in perioperative, critical care, and pain medicine to advance patient care.
ANESTHESIOLOGY leads the world in publishing and disseminating the highest quality work to inform daily clinical practice and transform the practice of medicine in the specialty.
- Journal Impact Factor: 8.8* — with 5-year impact factor of 8.4
- Journal Citation Indicator: 2.86*
- Citation half-life: 12.1 years*
Tools to elevate and deepen your understanding of the latest research and its clinical implications
Every issue of ANESTHESIOLOGY includes multimedia and interactives that add context to the research published and allow for learning in a variety of formats. Monthly features include:
- VISUAL ABSTRACTS: A single, at-a-glance, pictorial overview of the main findings in select articles. View sample.
- VIDEO ABSTRACTS: 3–5-min summary of a featured research article via a narrated and illustrated video presentation. View samples.
- INFOGRAPHICS: An intuitive visual representation of complex data derived from articles. View sample.
- INTERVIEWS WITH AUTHORS: Insights directly from authors and editorialists. Author podcasts are available in iTunes and Google Play. Access our archive.
- PODCASTS: Engaging commentary from the Editor-in-Chief highlighting selected issue content. Available in English, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, and French and on iTunes and Google Play.
- PERSPECTIVES IN CONNECTED EDITORIALS: Editorials offering new and/or unique viewpoints on topics in published articles. View sample.
- JOURNAL CME: Obtain continuing medical education (CME) credit for reading select ANESTHESIOLOGY articles. Journal CME is open to all readers. Learn more here.
Interested in publishing in ANESTHESIOLOGY?
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about ANESTHESIOLOGY. We encourage you to sign up for alerts so you are always the first to know when new research has published and to access the most current issue. Additionally, be sure to check out the "Articles You Need to Know," published in ANESTHESIOLOGY in 2023 and presented at PGA77 in New York, NY, on December 8, 2023.
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our Managing Editor can be reached at email@example.com.
Follow ANESTHESIOLOGY on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Publication of an advertisement in an ASA publication or on an ASA website does not constitute endorsement or evaluation by ASA or by ASA’s publishing partners of the product or service described therein or of any representations or claims made by the advertiser with respect to the product or service.
*Journal Citation Reports™ © 2023 Clarivate