ANESTHESIOLOGY Twitter Club
The journal will sponsor a Twitter Club at 5 p.m. (EST) on September 17 in partnership with Duke Anesthesiology. Starting on September 13, we will tweet a discussion cluster (questions) daily via @_Anesthesiology and @Duke_Anesthesia using the hashtag #AnesJC for discussion. We invite you all to engage in the online discussion. The live event will take place on September 17 from 5 to 6:15 pm (EST). Please tag each of your tweets with #AnesJC and the question number.
NEW! The public is invited via Zoom to watch the live journal club on from 5-615 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, September 17, 2020. Use the following link: https://duke.zoom.us/j/95275603508. While you watch, please join the Twitter discussion and the moderators will incorporate your questions.
Article to be Discussed:
Preoperative Fluid Fasting Times and Postinduction Low Blood Pressure in Children: A Retrospective Analysis
Allan F. Simpao, M.D., M.B.I.; Lezhou Wu, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.H.; Olivia Nelson, M.D.; Jorge A. Gálvez, M.D., M.B.I.; Jonathan M. Tan, M.D., M.P.H., M.B.I.; Jack O. Wasey, B.M. B.Ch., M.A., M.Sci., M.Sc.; Wallis T. Muhly, M.D.; Fu-Chiang Tsui, Ph.D.; Aaron J. Masino, Ph.D.; Paul A. Stricker, M.D.
Laszlo Vutskits, M.D., Ph.D.; Andrew Davidson, M.B.B.S., M.D., F.A.N.Z.C.A., F.A.H.M.S.
Twitter Key Points:
- Twitter messages are limited to 280 characters.
- Topics are organized with hashtags, or keywords, that are preceded with a #.
- All posts using a specific hashtag such as #AnesJC, will be searchable by that hashtag.
- Usernames begin with @; for example, @ankeetudani is one of the Twitter Journal Club moderators.
- More help on Twitter basics: support.twitter.com/categories/281
Advice on professionalism and social media:
- Respect patients’ privacy when posting content online.
- Use appropriate language and respect other users’ opinions.
- Take arguments non-public, either via phone, in-person communication or personal email.
- Think before you post, because content is difficult to delete from the Internet.